A unique space to meet friends, the stunning eighteenth century colonnades and central courtyard of The Piece Hall are a worthy backdrop for a feast of flavours. Our independent cafés, bars and restaurants will be specially selected to give visitors an exceptional treat at any time of day. Cafés and bars are located on the ground floor Arcade level of The Piece Hall, with direct access to the courtyard and beautiful outdoor seating areas.
Business: Bar / restaurant
Training provided: NVQ level 2 training provided. The Successful candidate may have the opportunity to progress to a level 3 qualification
Pay details: Meets minimum apprenticeship wage.
Hours: 37 hours per week
- Good time keeping skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Being punctual
Minimum age: 16
Description: An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual with a relentless passion for food and an ever-expanding desire to deliver an outstanding customer experience to join our team as a chef apprentice. The role will allow you to work with senior chefs to reach your potential and to develop a solid skill set in cookery.
- Prepare, cook and present food to company specification
- Keep the kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times
- Work safely around kitchen equipment
- Always pay attention to other work colleges and work safely and maturely
- Demonstrate the ability to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate an efficient approach to tasks
- Learn all health, safety and hygiene practices
- Support the senior members of the team in producing food to the company standard
A Typical Day
The role will be exciting and very varied, and no day will be the same, but in any one day you may be required to put away deliveries, checking to make sure stock is delivered at the correct temperature and in the appropriate quantities, and rotating stock to ensure correct usage. You may be required to work on and learn any section whilst following instructions from a senior member of the team.
How to apply: Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com stating the vacancy title and organisation name.
Please do not contact the employer directly.