The Woodman Inn is a glorious independent country pub in the tranquil, rural, tiny hamlet of Thunder bridge, near Huddersfield; dating back to the 18th century we are well-known for our food as well as our cosy and comfortable accommodation. As a result of this heritage we are a thriving business with numerous events and functions throughout the year.
Business: Public house / restaurant
Training provided: Training via Kirklees College
Pay details: Meets apprenticeship wage
Hours: 36 hours per week. Thurs – Sun: 10.00am – 5pm and Monday in college
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- People skills
- Be passionate about food and love to learn new things
- Hard working
- Good time keeping
Minimum age: 16
Description: We are currently looking for an Apprentice commis chef to join our already highly skilled and experienced team. The successful candidate will enjoy working within a fast-paced environment, working with the best fresh, local and seasonal ingredients. Above all, they must have a good team ethic, be full of ideas, enthusiastic, hard-working, professional and reliable. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start out in the industry, we are proud that our chefs have worked in some of the finest kitchens in the country and you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from them.
- Assists kitchen staff in maintaining high cuisine standards for functions and al a carte
- Assists the line chefs in the production of different foods for example vegetables, meats and pastries
- Assists the head chef in ensuring that food is prepared and served to the clients on time
- Assists the head chef in ensuring that health and safety standards are upheld in the kitchen
- Helps the head chef in the development of menus
- Assists other junior kitchen staff in ensuring that the restaurant is kept clean at all times
- Assists the head chef in the ordering process
- Assists the kitchen staff in the storage of food
How to apply: To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please state the vacancy title and location of the post that you are interested in. In your email, please answer the following 2 questions:
- What style of food do you like to cook?
- Which restaurants do you like to eat at?
Please do not contact the employer directly.