The Black Horse Inn is a family owned and operated restaurant with rooms, the property dates back to the 17th century and is located in the heart of Clifton. The Black Horse inn has developed an enviable reputation for a warm welcome, excellent cuisine and a service standard described as convivial yet not obtrusive.
Business: Bar & Restaurant
Training provided: Training via Kirklees College
Pay details: Meets apprenticeship wage
Hours: 36 hours per week. Thurs – Sun: 10.00am – 5pm and Monday in college
- Attention to detail and creativity for food presentation
- Be passionate about food and love to learn new things
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Eager to learn
Minimum age: 16
Description: We are currently looking for an Apprentice commis chef to join our already highly skilled and experienced team. The successful candidate will enjoy working within a fast-paced environment, working with the best fresh, local and seasonal ingredients. Above all, they must have a good team ethic, be full of ideas, enthusiastic, hard-working, professional and reliable. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start out in the industry, we are proud that our chefs have worked in some of the finest kitchens in the country and you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from them.
- Learning from more experienced team members how to work/run a busy section with a professional kitchen
- Work your way up to be able to manage different elements of working in a kitchen
- Prepare, cook and present food to required specification and standard
- Keep kitchen clean, tidy and hygienic at all times by completing various regular cleaning duties
- Supporting the kitchen team by making sure equipment is clean and available when needed
- Work safely around kitchen equipment
- Keep up to date with new ingredients, produce and menus
How to apply: To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com . Please state the vacancy title and location of the post that you are interested in. In your email, please answer the following 2 questions:
- What type of food do you aspire to cook?
- Please take a look at some of our plates of food on Facebook and comment on presentation, style and ingredient choices?
Please do not contact the employer directly.