Mid Yorkshire Chamber of Commerce (Wakefield )- We support businesses in the Mid Yorkshire region of all sizes through our services that help businesses to perform well, that give business people a voice and that help you to make sense of policy issues and legislation that has a direct impact on you.
Business: Business support
Training provided: Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Business Administration via Kirklees College
Pay details: £3.70 per hour
Hours: Up to 35 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
Requirements: Grade C or above in Maths and English (new grade 4-9) would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits. An IT qualification would be desirable but not essential.
Appointment is subject to satisfactory references and a Criminal Records Bureau check.
The post holder must have at least 2 years’ experience in accounts procedures. They must be able to work with accounting software packages (Sage & Excel). They must be able to work effectively within a small team of staff, where mutual support is vital to the achievement of the Chambers objectives.
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- Must have a strong customer focussed attitude
- Must have a good level of literacy skills.
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages, in particular, Word, Excel and Outlook Express.
- Accurate typing skills
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Confident in using email and the internet.
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Willing to work effectively in the team.
- Should be smart and professional.
- Should have a caring nature
- An enthusiastic individual, with a flexible approach to work in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual,
- Ability to work flexibly and respond positively to the demands of a varied workload.
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
Minimum age: 16
- Processing invoices to Sage, ensuring they are signed off by the MD
- Prepare sales invoices as instructed.
- Exercise credit control on sales invoices.
- Direct Debit management onto Sage.
- Dealing with incoming mail.
- Processing incoming Cheques.
- Banking Cheques.
- Sending BAC’s payments.
- Sage Back up.
- Dealing with incoming telephone queries.
- Dealing with queries from other members of staff.
- Ensuring new member payments are processed
- Assisting in the member renewals process including responsibility for membership invoicing and following up outstanding accounts alongside the membership team.
- Reconciliation of all Bank Accounts.
- Reconciliation of Childcare system.
- Petty Cash.
To apply: Please email your CV to email@example.com. In your application – please answer the following two questions:
1 Why do you wish to work for us?
2 What skills and qualities do you have over someone else?
Please do not contact the employer directly.