Established in January 2012 we are a close-knit, personable and friendly firm of solicitors who offer professional, proactive and pragmatic advice, with fixed fees and a free initial appointment, we cover the following areas of law: Conveyancing, Family, Probate, Wills and Trusts, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Litigation
Training provided: Following the successful completion of the apprenticeship there is an opportunity for progression onto CILEX Chartered Legal Executive training through the CILEX Law School with a view to qualifying as a lawyer.
Pay details: Meets minimum apprenticeship wage
Required: A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grades A to C (or equivalent) are required for this post, to include English and Maths.
- Ability to work with technology
- Ability to work in a business environment
- Customer service skills
- Hands on & Practical ability
- Ability to work within the physical nature of the job
- Proficient in Microsoft Word
- Use of Email and Internet
- Caring nature
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Reliable and punctual
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Understanding of confidentiality requirements
- Mature attitude
- Ability to deal with sensitive personal client situations effectively
- Ability to plan and think ahead
- Ability to self manage and organise tasks
- Ability to use your own initiative
Hours: Mon – Fri, 9am-5pm
Minimum age: 16
Description: This position is working for a firm of solicitors in their office based in Marsden, Huddersfield. The apprentice will join our Family and Child Contact department. Initial training will be in the workings of a legal office and the general principles of English law. You will then concentrate on divorce, separation and child contact as well as other aspects of Family Law, assisting in the Family and Child Contact Department. This will include, but will not be limited to, the main responsibilities given below:
- To work with fee earners within the Family and Child Contact Department, including contact with Clients, the courts, other solicitors and others involved in family court applications;
- To make and receive telephone calls so as to provide updates of information to relevant parties as required;
- To prepare and process correspondence and documents through word processing and document management systems;
- To assist with the preparation and collation of correspondence, reports and court documents;
- To ensure that an effective filing system is maintained;
- To assist in the dispatch of outgoing correspondence and enclosures.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of the firm’s and client documentation and information
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so.
How to apply:
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.