Gravitas Care Ltd – Hebden Bridge
Training provided: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Pay details: Meets National Minimum Wage.
Hours: 40 hours per week.
We appreciate staff will have different backgrounds and life experiences but all staff must –
- Work to the decisions of the team.
- Attend team meetings regularly and we encourage participation and involvement of the whole team.
- Be professional both within and outside the work environment.
- Communicate regularly with all professional agencies and significant others.
- Attend and participate in their supervisions, supervision will be arranged within your working day, every 4- 6 weeks, we expect honesty and openness with your supervision.
- Attend training as part of their own development, and undertake Level 3 apprenticeship in Child Residential and complete this within 18 months.
- Undertake sleep in duties.
- Provide factual reports and recordings.
- Receive complaints and compliments in accordance to the policies and procedures of Gravitas Care Ltd.
- Undertake financial management of their shift and complete petty cash records on a weekly basis.
- Carry out duties in accordance to Health and Safety At Work Act 1974.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities in accordance of the company’s policies and procedures.
- Participate in the altering shift pattern.
- Be willing to work bank holidays including Christmas day, Boxing day and New Year.
A good level of maths and English but should you not have the required level within these subjects then support will be provided as part of the apprenticeship.
- Excellent people skills
- Able to work as part of a team but also using own initiative
- To provide a safe and stable environment to the young people in our care, to promote the rights as individuals and provide them with a high standard of quality care in accordance with the companies policies and procedures.
- To ensure all young people progress in their lives, with education, health and their own personal development.
- To provide firm but fair boundaries and structure to their lives by being a positive role model.
- To maintain confidentiality and record keeping to a high standard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting with the Physical / Emotional / Social needs of young people.
- Encourage development of individuals interests and behaviours
- To promote, safeguard and protect the welfare of each young person
- Establish and maintain positive and trusting relationships
- Provide firm, consistent and fair behaviours in respect of their behaviour
- Work in a restorative manner
- Promote the development of healthy living
- Encourage development of a positive social network
- To replicate a family home, cooking , cleaning and maintaining the home
To participate in activities and holidays
- To record the observations of the home, including risk assessments, care plans, incident reports and monthly reports.
- To attend all medical , education and placement meetings where necessary
- To support where appropriate family contact
- We require you to work as part of a team to provide consistent care for our young people.
How to apply: To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please state the employer’s name and job title in your email.
Please do not contact the employer directly.