Siddall & Hilton Products Ltd was established in 1895 and is the UK’s largest producer of welded wire mesh, which is used for high security fencing, industrial and construction applications. They are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and are looking for people with the attributes to succeed. If you have a responsible, flexible and team focused attitude, and the desire to build a career in manufacturing, full support will be given to develop you.
Training Provided: Level 2 Engineering Diploma
Pay Details: £20,000 per annum
Hours: 40 hours per week, rotating on early, late and night shift
Requirements: The ideal candidates will be able to work safely, follow instructions and learn quickly. Basic excel skills, use of hand tools, and ability to read measurements are desirable. Experience of a manufacturing environment is advantageous but not essential, as full training will be given. A passion for learning and the desire to become a highly skilled machine operator in this sector is essential. With high personal standards you will strive for world class levels of quality, productivity and safety.
Minimum Age: 18 or will turn 18 in 12 weeks’ time. However, they are open to speculative applications from younger applicants.
- Ensuring Health and safety procedures are always adhered to.
- Setting and operating our wire mesh welding machines: https://youtu.be/FX6IVt30zJo
- Everything required to achieve a level 2 Engineering Diploma in conjunction with Calderdale College
- Developing your own learning techniques, skills and career
- Ensuring all production is manufactured to agreed quality standards.
- Ensuring housekeeping standards are always maintained and your workspace is maintained in a neat and tidy manner.
- Ensuring effective communication at all times.
- Liaising with Engineering / Technical personnel to problem solve.
- Assisting Technical / Engineering breakdowns / overhauls when necessary.
How to apply: To apply please visit our website https://sandhp.com/recruitment/ , download an application form, and tell us all about why you are the person we are looking for. We can’t wait to hear from you!
These positions are to start in May 2021.